"The former Clayton Library now known as the D.D. Monroe Civic Building was built in 1939. The building was constructed as a Works Progress Administration project. The building was designed by Willard C. Kruger in a Pueblo style. The building served as the public library until the 1980s when the library moved to a new building and the building then became a meeting facility."
"Clayton Public Library - Clayton, New Mexico," Waymarking.com <http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WME7DX_Clayton_Public_Library_Clayton_New_Mexico> National Register of Historic Places <http://www.nationalregisterofhistoricplaces.com/nm/Union/state.html>